Be our apprentice for 3 days.
The best way to learn, is to do what we do.
Work as a dairy farmer, then value add your milk, finally packaging and sale.
- Have a go at milking a goat or maybe a sheep.
- Be taught about feeding and animal husbandry
- Work alongside the cheesemaker.
- Pack cheese and yoghurt.
- Learn about milk quality, check the butterfat levels and test for microbial levels in the milk.
- What is pasteurisation and how do you do it.
- Understand the importance of pH and how it is used to produce a good cheese or yoghurt
- Be taught the importance and techniques of hygiene, cleaning and sanitation.
- Organoleptic assessment – tasting the final product.
- Sell your finished product to the public.
3 days with New England Cheese – paddock to plate experience
All meals and accomodation included.
Maximum 2 people.
$900 per person.
Call 0412 605 876 to make a booking.